The front of this coin is the same design that was resurrected for the obverse of the modern American Silver Eagle. It was actually chosen for the Silver Eagle because of its widespread popularity and appeal.
It was originally designed and put into circulation in 1916. This design by Adolph Weinman replaced the Barber half dollar.The Walking Liberty half was produced until 1947, and then replaced by the Franklin half in 1948. Prior to 1965, circulating US half dollars were 90% silver, along with quarters and dimes. The remaining 10% of this coinage was copper.
While some modern bullion stackers have taken to calling pre 1965 coins ######xE2;#####x153;junk silver######xE2;######x9D; these half dollars aren######xE2;t something anyone would want to throw away. Each one of these Walking Liberty halves contains. This makes these coins a great choice to add to your silver bullion collection. They are also a fine alternative to silver rounds made by private mints.
Silver coinage that was produced for circulation in the United States is easily recognized, and easy to sell or trade because of that fact. These rolls of Walking Liberty halves contain 20 coins each. Since many of these coins have made their way to ModernCoinMart individually or as part of a collection, they will arrive in ModernCoinMart packaging.
These are not in paper coin rolls where they could be easily damaged, they are protected by a snug fitting plastic tube. The coins themselves could be in a variety of conditions, since this is determined by what condition they are in when they arrive at ModernCoinMart.Walking Liberty Half Dollar Design. The front of these half dollars show Liberty in stride before the sun and its rays.
With one arm extended, she carries a bundle of oak and laurel branches with her other arm. Weinman######xE2;s intention for the oak and laurel branches was to symbolize the prestige of the United States military as well as our society.
Behind Liberty, the Stars and Stripes can be seen floating in the breeze. This side is inscribed with the words LIBERTY, IN GOD WE TRUST, and the year the coin was struck.
On the reverse, a bald eagle is shown in the powerful and proud rising position. Next to the eagle is a small tree that has begun to grow from a crack in the rocks. Weinman######xE2;s intention for the small tree was to symbolize the United States and its ability to overcome adversity.
The back side reads UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, E PLURIBUS UNUM, and HALF DOLLAR. We cannot make any price adjustments after the sale is complete. Product Photo Policy: MCM attempts to display product images shown on the site as accurately as possible.We take all of our photos in house and due to reflections on the mirrored or proof surfaces of a coin there may appear to be'black' when there is not. If a coin has a color on it at all it will be described as'colorized' in the description or title.
Due to the large inventory we sell, we use stock photos. Serial numbers will vary from the image shown unless specifically stated in the product listing that the item pictured is the item you will receive. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS POLICY: We are accepting international orders from select countries.
These charges are the customer's responsibility. However, we cannot guarantee this due to the volume of orders we process each day. Beyond the 30-day return period, Company is under no obligation to accept return of any product, but may in its discretion do so pursuant to this policy, for up to one year from the invoice date. ModernCoinMart (MCM) was launched in 2004 and quickly set the standards for online sales of bullion, US coins and world coins. Join over 100,000 loyal customers and feel confident purchasing from a company that's spent a decade building a solid and stellar reputation trusted and recognized around the world.
That's the MCM way. 2017 Great Britain 1 oz. Silver Landmark of Britain Big Ben 2-Coin Set SKU53764. PAMP Suisse Cast 1 Kilo Silver. 999 Fine Numbered Bar SKU58340.
Sunshine Mint 1 Troy Oz. 999 Fine Silver Buffalo Round SKU34723. This listing is currently undergoing maintenance, we apologise for any inconvenience caused.The item "$10 Face Value Roll 1916-1947 90% Silver Walking Liberty Half Avg Circ SKU32667" is in sale since Wednesday, September 10, 2014. This item is in the category "Coins & Paper Money\Bullion\Silver\Coins". The seller is "mcm" and is located in Sarasota, Florida. This item can be shipped worldwide.